Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mr. President!

Happy Presidents' Day weekend!

(Sorry for the inconvenience.  The images for this post have temporarily been removed)...
Do you even know which Presidents' birthdays we are commemorating this weekend?

Ah, do you really care?  No disrespect.  But I'm just being "honest."  And, Mr. Washington, you should
appreciate that.  I'm just happy to have an extra day to catch up on house work (and finish my DIY vanity stool!)


If you find yourself wanting to pay tribute to our fore-fathers in an expressive way, here are a few ways to do so:




For years, I saved my first issue of George magazine with Cindy Crawford as George Washington.  I knew I could resurrect it in my home someday by placing it on a coffee table as a conversation piece


Of course I couldn't find it when I went looking for it.  So today, I just purchased an issue on ebay for $30.  If you decide to hunt for old issues of George, shop around.  I found one seller asking $200 for the same issue I paid $30 for. 
You can get other issues (non-first) for under $10. 



Maybe you're more of an illustration type gal? 
This Abe Illustration could be yours for $30
(Mediagraffitistudio on etsy.com)




Mr. Washington for the more traditional home...
Elizabeth Mayville, etsy.com $55



there's something for everyone...


"Obama Nope" cafepress.com $20 
other, designwithvinyl, etsy.com $17.50


enjoy your long weekend

xoxo

No comments: